How to Make Your First $1000 investing in Stocks
When people ask me what I do for a living, I tell them:
“I help people build their financial literacy muscle, understand the stock market and create a plan to RETIRE RICH. And No, writing in all caps is not a mistake. In this case all caps are warranted. I honestly believe everyone has the ability to retire rich if they have a plan.
But what I really want to say is: I show people how to fall in love with the stock market and use it as a vehicle to live the life of their dreams at any age.
And what I really really want to say is: I spend 4 hours a day, reading neuroscience textbooks, practicing Vipassana meditation and then monitoring my brainwave activity with my fancy Emwave. The rest of my day is spent studying stock market charts, buying and selling stocks, sharpening my financial literacy skills, coaching my students and as often as possible I treat myself to a date night with my husband at a fancy French restaurant, while enjoying a glass of Champagne and decadent plate of escargot. I believe in hard work and a heavy dose of an extravagant life within your financial means.
Hi,I’m Thembi Buthelezi— and as you’ve probably surmised, developing my own human potential and sharing my findings with individuals who are dedicated to retiring rich by up leveling their financial literacy muscle (while making financial content easy and fun) is my drug of choice.
And when it comes to developing unstoppable financial and investing confidence, I’m your partner in crime. I’ve spent 14+ years in the trenches perfecting my stock market investing strategies.
I retired at the age of 27 because 70 hour work weeks at a hedge fund were not my idea of a rich life. I’ve spent the past 5 years as a stock market investing strategist, investing mindset coach and financial literacy advocate to hundreds of students through my video lessons and mentoring programs. I’ve worked with hundreds of students in various industries. Look, building wealth is not reserved for the select few. Doctors, fortune 500 executives, small business owners, graphic designers, architects, sales professionals all have a common goal, they want to retire rich.
All I do is take what I learned on Wall Street and I help them get there by developing their investing cojones. No “get rich quick” schemes, no penny stocks trading strategies, no wishing or hoping, just simple hard work and a proven strategy that encompasses the Psychology of Wealth and astute investing. And when I’m not teaching my next online stock market investing course-or coaching my students, you can bet your last dollar that I’m either practicing Vipassana meditation, taking a Bikram yoga class, getting a Thai or Chinese massage, reading a neuropsychology or neuroscience text book, on a plane to some exotic part of the world, at Nordstrom or Barney’s shoe department, trying on yet another pair of shoes I don’t need or vegetating on the coach next to my TV buddy watching an episode of “ How to Get Away with Murder or Scandal.”
Now, if you’re totally intrigued and want to know more, read on…..
- The only time I enjoy cleaning my house is when I pretend that I’m Beyonce. I’ll usually crank the music up, sing at the top of my lungs, even if I can’t hit the note, I don’t care, I bring hip hop to my cleaning activities. When I can’t muster the energy to get the swiffer out the closet, I call my trusted house manager to take over. I love sharing my wealth with those who love doing jobs that drain my energy.
- I’m what you call a Zulu Warrioress. I was born in Soweto, South Africa into the Buthelezi family. Google the Buthelezi family, you’ll discover that we are pretty famous. Enough said. If you’re too lazy to google the Buthelezi Family, just click this link to find out more
- I love listening to the oldies. Al Green, Barry White, Whitney Houston, Tom Jones and now and then I’ll spin a tune from Maroon 5.
- I want to be Gina Torres “Jessica Pearson” from Suits or Even Olivia Pope when I grow up.
- I’m addicted to Kombucha. I can drink 5 bottles of that concoction everyday and I’ll never tire.
- My all time Heros are Ernest Holmes and Michael Bernard Beckwith. They make spirituality simple for the confused spiritual seeker.
- I get a high from researching why stocks move up or down. I love technical analysis (the art of reading stock market charts) sometimes more than I love my husband. He might not agree
- I’m a life long learner. I buy books, courses and attend seminars because I’m a junkie. I estimate I spend roughly $20-$50k on personal development materials a year. That is how I roll, scary but it makes me happy.
- The proudest moment in my life was when I strung along a coherent sentence in mandarin. I lived in Shanghai, China for almost 3 years. The first year was a disaster, I couldn’t tell the taxi driver where I lived, so he drove around and around until I could signal with hand gestures where I lived. By month 6,I had mastered my home address in Chinese without batting a eye lid.
- I’ve visited or lived in different countries around the world. Through those experiences, I learned some impressive global skills. I can hang with the Brits, Americans, Chinese, Thai, Africans, Middle Easterners, French, Italians, Dutch and almost all nationalities. Hence, my diverse group of clients from all over the world.
Are your in love yet? If you are, let’s do something about it! Interview me.